20 May Peace of mind in turbulent times
SALT Employee Benefits (SALT EB), South Africa’s largest independent specialist pension funds’ administrator, has announced a new funeral cover policy that aims to assist in the trauma of losing a family member. The current COVID-19 pandemic has made the unthinkable very much a fact, and the possibility of death in these uncertain times has become an undeniable certainty.
Government’s necessary rules and regulations during the State of Disaster have had a definite influence on funerals and the way they should be carried out in times of restriction of movement and of social distancing. In time of the death of a family member, peace of mind is one of the most comforting sentiments you could harbour.
SALT EB has more than 240 staff members in five offices around the country, promising access to personal service all-year-round. You can get R20 000 funeral cover and more for only R25 a month per single life.
In addition, and at no extra cost, you will receive complementary benefits such as:
- Transportation of the deceased’s body,
- Funeral assistance service, and
- 24-hour client and claims assistance service.
The transportation of the deceased’s body service includes:
- This service is available to clients 24 hours, 365 days a year.
- Repatriation of the body from the mortuary to a funeral home nearest to the place of burial.
- Transferring of ashes to place of residence after cremation (financially unlimited within South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
- Assistance in obtaining the death certificate.
- Assistance with referrals for autopsy / pathology.
- Consideration of religious customs for correct removal of the body etc.
- Recommendation of undertakers / mortuaries.
- Interpretation of the member’s funeral or insurance policies.
- Death-related legal assistance for the deceased’s dependants.
- Bereavement and trauma counselling.
- Claims administration assistance.
- Preparation of the gravesite, including mats, artificial grass and lowering device*.
- Arranging of flowers, catering, marquee and other equipment as needed*,
- Arranging of accommodation and transport if needed for next-of-kin to identify the body when the member dies away from his/her place of residence (actual costs for policyholder’s account).
Should you be interested in making use of this unique opportunity, you can call your Salt Consultant now on one of the numbers below:
Dudu Koko: 076 474 1884
Lebohang Kotsie: 071 950 3941
Mannini Mokoetla: 083 354 6766
* Salt Employee Benefits is a registered financial services provider. Terms and conditions apply.